We are passionate about amplifying and increasing East and Southeast Asian representation in leadership in the UK.
To champion the East and Southeast Asian people through normalising an intersectional approach to leadership. We provide services and resource, leveraging the skills and knowledge to push through barriers for equal representation within executive and C-suite positions. Asian Leadership Collective supports East and Southeast Asian people in challenging the harmful perceptions of this community in the workplace, reinforcing positive representation of this community and to address damaging stereotypes and address unconscious bias.
We respect the challenges and experiences of East Asian and Southeast Asian people are diverse and intersectional. We provide a space for discussion, idea generation, and best practice around personal and career development, leadership journeys that can be shared for both the East and Southeast Asian community and allies.
We support and encourage allies in their journey for inclusivity and equity; providing a space for learning and engaging with the East and Southeast Asian community.
- Compassion – for all. A deep belief in learning together, encouraging dialogue to understand rather than blame. To have and move in empathy with those we cross paths with.
- Courage – to speak up for what we believe in; challenging the status quo and advocating for impactful change.
- Focus – on the steps and journey ahead for social equity for all. To be agile in managing change and respecting intersectional perspectives which may differ from our own.
- Accountability – for ourselves and others. Holding workplaces and individuals accountable for their part in an equitable future for society.
- Assertiveness – to action long lasting legacy of change proactively. We are transparent with clear communications and consideration for the intentions and impact of our words and actions.
- Hosting events: opportunities to learn from guest speakers
- Professionals and Creators directory: feature here and connect with other East and Southeast Asian people
- Provide leadership to companies and organisations looking to expand their commitment in diversity, equity, and inclusion. A subject matter expert, sharing opinion pieces which reflect and highlight leadership and representation of the ESEA community
- Hosting community leadership circles, where leadership topics are discussed in a safe space
- Collecting data and research on the East and Southeast Asian community in leadership
- Collaborating with other social enterprises, CIC’s, and non-profits with similar values to our own. To have a collective approach on key initiatives and projects for the East and Southeast Asian community as a whole.
- Leadership speaking sessions: Keynote and panel formats. Topics include: Introduction to East and Southeast Asian communities in the UK, ESEA Women in Tech, and more
- Sensitivity reading and Cultural sensitivity review: East and Southeast Asian representation consultancy addressing harmful stereotypes and unconscious bias
- Recruitment specification reviews and internal processes reviews: inclusive and safe space creation for East and Southeast Asian people
- Panel hosting, event creation for East and Southeast Asian topics and ESEA themed work
- Diversity and inclusion consultancy – launching of Employee Resource Group
- Facilitation of East and Southeast Asian safe spaces for open discussion and colleague participation
Contribute to shaping the East Southeast Asian leadership landscape in the UK. How can you help?
Partner with us, Share our work, Donate here to help support our mission.
One of the most talked about points you’ll often hear about today is the power of representation. Whether that be from what you read in the news, watch on TV, or stumble upon scrolling on your Instagram feed – it defines the approach in government and policies, the businesses we are able to buy from, to … Read More
Click here and get in touch with some details below!…
Don’t miss the latest blog posts!
Get the latest blog posts in your inbox!
Copyright Asian Leadership Collective 2020
Company Number: 12902342
All rights reserved.